August 10, 11, 12 ,13, 2017 – Paganoonoo will have a booth at the Bead and Design Show in Santa Clara, California. Paganoonoo garments will be for sale. Select your own one-of-a-kind Paganoonoo upcycled garment, sure to become a wardrobe favorite and the envy of all your friends!
Michelle will be teaching a class on how to upcycle a beaded garment into a cuff/bracelet on Saturday August 12, from 1-4. Register here. The class is $65 and includes all class materials.
Once you understand how to harvest parts of beaded garments there will be no stopping you! Pins, patches, etc. will make fabulous gifts.
September 23, 2017 – Paganoonoo will once again have a booth at the Premier Wearable Art Show in the San Francisco Bay Area, Artistry in Fashion.
Booth after booth of one-of-a-kind garments and accessories tempt shoppers into buying something wonderful. Truly an inspirational collection of artisan’s work.”The Cañada College Fashion Department’s students and staff host the 28th annual Artistry in Fashion event on Saturday, Sept. 23, from 10am to 4pm at Cañada College. A $10 donation is requested for entry. All proceeds benefit student scholarships. For more information, visit www.ArtistryInFashion.com or call 650-306-3370.
The college campus is located at 4200 Farm Hill Blvd., in Redwood City, CA.”
October 12-15, 2017 – Paganoonoo will have a booth at the Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF) in the San Francisco Bay Area, at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Sewers and quilters will delight in the wide variety of vendors and the magnificent Wearable Art Show and Quilt Show. The show opens Thursday, 10/13 from 10:00 – 5:00, check here for additional info on hours and admission.
March 1-4, 2018 – Paganoonoo returns to the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, WA. Look for our booth and new classes TBA!
Contact Michelle To Schedule An Event
- April 8, 2017 – Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Paganoonoo had a booth at Step Into Fashion Wearable Art Show Benefiting Palo Alto Medical Foundation Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA.
March 2-5, 2017 – Paganoonoo once again had a booth at the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, WA. Many old and new customers stopped by to say hello. Folks wearing their Paganoonoo creations and got 30% off their purchase. Michelle taught a 2-needle workshop, 2710D Transform Your T-shirt with Upcycle Sewing. We will be back again next year, look for our booth and new classes!
February 1, 2017 – Michelle flew to Cleveland, OH to tape 3 TV episodes for a national syndicated show called It’s Sew
Easy, seasons 1300 and 1400. Season 1300 started airing on June 22, 2017. In this series Michelle appears in episodes 1303, 1304, 1305, and 1312. Check here to find out which station carries It’s Sew Easy in your area.
- December 2, 2016 – Paganoonoo had a booth at the Empower Impact Holiday Pop Up Market Event at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey, CA hosted by the Center for Social Impact Learning. Find out how CSIL and the MIIS community are tackling development and sustainability issues around the globe.
- October 13-16, 2016 – Paganoonoo had a booth at the Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF) in the San Francisco Bay Area, at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Sewers and quilters both were delighted in the wide variety of vendors and the magnificent Wearable Art Show and Quilt Show. The show opened Thursday, 10/13 from 10:00 – 5:00, check here for additional info on hours and admission.
- September 24, 2016 – Paganoonoo had a booth at the Premier Wearable Art Show in the San Francisco Bay Area, Artistry in Fashion. Booth after booth of one-of-a-kind garments and accessories tempted shoppers into buying something wonderful. Truly an inspirational collection of artisan’s work.”The Cañada College Fashion Department’s students and staff host the 27th annual Artistry in Fashion event on Saturday, Sept. 24, from 10am to 4pm at Cañada College. The all-day event features an outdoor shopping extravaganza with local designers selling clothes, jewelry, and accessories; an Open House displaying student projects from noon to 3pm; an impromptu fashion show at 11am; food vendors; and free parking. A $10 donation is requested for entry. All proceeds benefit student scholarships. For more information, visit www.ArtistryInFashion.com or call 650-306-3370. The college campus is located at 4200 Farm Hill Blvd., in Redwood City, CA.”
- The perfect customer bought this upcycled t shirt!
- June 11, 2016 – We had a great time at the PenWAG meeting where Michelle presented a talk and workshop – Upcycle Magic. If you live in the San Fransico Bay area and you have not attended a meeting please visit as you are in for a treat, penwag.org. This group meets every second* Saturday in Campbell, California, and has terrific programs. I’ve been a member for years and have taken classes from many of the greats through PenWAG: Susan Khalje, Marci Tilton, Sandra Betzina, Linda Lee, Kenneth King, Sandy Ericson, and John Marshall, just to name a few. You can become a member or attend meetings for a modest fee. And no, you do not already have to be an expert at something to participate. *The October date sometimes shifts due to conflicts with PIQF.
- June 6-9, 2016 – Michelle went to NYC, the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and attended a conference on how to lead a sustainable and ethical fashion business, http://bit.ly/24Xlm4U #SystemsDisruption. This program was part of the FIT summer institute – thank you Sass Brown! What an amazing collection of speakers, workshops and attendees! There is progress being made on many fronts towards making fashion more sustainable. Simple things you can do – launder your clothes less often, wear what you have longer, even 6 months longer, instead of buying something new, and swap unworn clothing with a friend.
- March 19, 2016 – Paganoonoo presented to the Santa Rosa Chapter of the American Sewing Guild: Talk – Upcycle Magic With Michelle Paganini, creator of Paganoonoo Upcycle Sewing Patterns and Workshop: Creating the Patti Blouse. Both events took place in Rohnert Park, CA. Participant comment: Michelle just wanted to say Thank you for the workshop you gave the Santa Rosa ASG members yesterday, Sat. March 19th. Just finished my version of the Patti shirt and will send pictures later. Your instructions were clear and easy to follow. I like that you didn't give us too much information at one time so it was easy to stay on track. I hope to have the pleasure of taking classes from you again. Anne Graver
- February 25-28, 2016 – Paganoonoo debuted at the largest national sewing expo in Pyuallup WA! All 3 of Michelle’s sessions on upcycling sold out (90 seats each session.) We heard the message loud and clear that there is a thirst for upcycling information! Patterns flew out of the booth. We had wonderful conversations with experienced and newbie upcyclers. Customers looked at future pattern samples and cast their votes for favorites. A good time was had by all!
Session 1656 Upcycle Sewing!
Michelle Paganini, Paganoonoo
Thu (#1655A) 2:30 PM,
Fri (#1655B) 4:30 PM
Sat (#1655C) 2:30 PM
- September 26, 2015 – Artistry in Fashion is ONE DAY ONLY. Do not miss the one of the Bay Area (San Francisco & Silicon Valley) premier independent designer sales in Redwood City on the grounds of Canada College, 4200 Farm Hill Blvd. I will have a booth selling patterns, garments and accessories. If you love creative art-to-wear this is a do not miss show. Save your money and come shop for yourself and for the holidays!
- September 19 – 20, 2015 – Fresno Fiber Arts Guild, Lecture: Turning a Pig’s Ear Into a Silk Purse. Workshop: Upcycle: Transform Men’s Dress Shirts into a One-Of-A-Kind (OOAK) Women’s Blouse. What a fantastic group! I enjoyed the group meeting and then had the privilege of leading a workshop. These are talented ladies!
- July 11 – September 6, 2015 –Recycled, Up-Cycled, Re-Purposed Clothing Design: A Slow Fashion Movement. Fast fashion, while its economic value is powerful, pollutes the environment with toxic wastes as well as mountains of discarded clothing, and fosters unsafe and unethical manufacturing practices. Michelle Paganini of Paganoonoo developed the fast fashion facts wall, highlighting the negative environmental and social reprecussions of fast fashion.
- May 31, 2015 – PenWAG 2015 Artwear Runway Show, 5 Paganoonoo garments were shown on the runway and Michelle had a boon and a blast selling patterns. Happy Upcycling PenWAGers and friends!
- April 25, 2015 – EcoFashion World Ethical Fashion Presentation
Bel Esprit and MODA 360: LA – APRIL 24-25, 2015 In partnership with The New Mart, Moda 360 captured the West Coast spirit and culture while presenting the best in international fashion, art, design and fashion film. The event included a special focus on ethical and sustainable fashion in honor of Earth Month.
Paganoonoo was a featured EcoFashionWorld Designer
Dress designer Michelle Pananini has designed the “Paganunu” by using a Huy men’s shirt, as seen on the model.
In honor of Earth Day on April 22, in the “New Mart” section of Los Angelas’ Moda 360 on the 24-25 an event was held. Manager Deborah Pakarasu said that “this was the first time the even has been held in L.A., having been held in New York and London. 20 designers for fashion and accessories have gathered.” The event, which exhibits clothes, scarves, accessories, merchandise and photographs has been held three times.
Showing off the international brands, there was the “Paganunu” from the U.S. West Coast, “Rozena” from Bulgaria, “Tanmamu” from London, and “Pure Pod” from Australia, as well as “Juan Pablo Martinez” from Columbia.
Michelle Paganini is the founder of Paga unu and started it six months ago. She said that she wanted to “up-cycle old men’s shirts and women’s wear to create dresses and tunics.” She wants to create an earth-friendly business that makes product out of old clothes.
The fashion is 100% cotton and is good for the earth (“Beau Monde”) all the way through the color dyeing process. Even the motifs are using a natural pattern and reflect Zen and the sky. Accessories that debuted in the event even used prisms created from old Japanese and Chinese factories that create cameras and binoculars.
The next event will be in New York in October.
– Yoko Fujimoto, journalist
- March 21, 2015 – Featured artist at Haute Couture Society Fashion Show and Luncheon, garments shown at fashion show and here is the Paganoonoo booth.
- September 2014 – Guest Speaker at Kaye’s Textiles in Westcliff-on-sea, England
Michelle with Sandy Ericson
Michelle with Kenneth King
Michelle with Susan Khalje
Michelle with Marci Tilton
At Puyallup 2015
Michelle with Pamela of
Pamela’s Patterns at Puyallup 2015
George, Kaye and Roz getting chips.
Michelle on a double decker bus