• Classic shirt dress design flattering any age
• Fitted waist front button dress with slightly flared skirt
• Unique color-block skirt design, upcycled from dress shirt sleeves
• Eye-catching, color-block detail at hemline
• Complete design with dramatic double collar
• Design layout sketchbook
The Rebecca is upcycled* using 4 – 6 dress shirts (instead of flat fold fabric). This color-block dress has an intact shirt as the bodice with added bust shaping and optional back gathers. The lower half of the dress is uniquely constructed of sleeves, with the cuffs forming the waistband. The skirt draws in slightly near the hemline creating a minor balloon effect. Optionally, another layer of color-block detail can be added at the hemline. The dress buttons down the front and a double collar adds flair. The dress’ sleeves are left as is and rolled to ¾ length. The overall effect is classic/arty and is sporty or dressy depending on the choice of colors and patterns.